Whenever we talk about a dependable CRM platform, Salesforce is always the most popular choice in the industry. Further, it is one of the rapidly growing sectors with a huge demand for its services. There is no doubt in the fact that Salesforce Admins and Developers play a crucial role in the same. Thousands of candidates try to get into the ecosystem each year and make the best use of their skills. However, employers tend to keep candidates with a unique mindset. Therefore, you should have skills that can be applied in the real world. Hence, you should know about various Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers. The competition is high and only the candidates with outstanding qualities will acquire the position. This guide will tell you some popular Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and how you can answer them precisely.
Salesforce Admin Interview Questions
Q1. Define the available portals in Salesforce.
There are 3 types of portals that you can work within Salesforce,
- Self Service Portal- This portal allows the customers to look for various details about the organization.
- Customer Portal- It enables the users to access the web capabilities as an ideal channel and deliver results.
- Partner Portal- The portal is used by partner users for logging into the Salesforce system through a separate website.
Q2. How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
There is no provision for deleting the users according to the latest update. However, we can freeze the users by going to
Setup > Manage Users > Users > Freeze
Q3. What is a Profile and mention some profile types in Salesforce?
The profile is used to perform different functions that are defined by users. The main job of a profile is to perform various user-defined functions along with managing specific records. 2 types of profiles are present in Salesforce,
- Standard Profile (By Force.com)
- Custom Profiles (By Users)
Q4. What do you mean by the Roll-up summary field? Explain its characterstics.
- It is developed for a Master-detail relationship but not in the case of a lookup relationship
- There is no provision of auto numbers
- It derives data from the child object
- We can’t make any changes in the field of roll-up summary
- Some of the common functions are sum, count, min, and max
Q5. What are Dynamic Dashboards?
The job of Dynamic Dashboards is to provide security settings for dashboards at Salesforce. Basically, we have two different settings available in Dynamic dashboards,
- Run as a logged-in user
- Run as a specified user
Q6. How many types of Reports are in Salesforce? Explain.
The various types of reports are,
- Tabular Report- Similar to a spreadsheet, Tabular report allows you to create lists of records. It is the simplest and fastest way to view data.
- Summary Report- Derived from the working of Tabular report, it allows users to group rows of data, create charts, and view subtotals.
- Matrix Report- The matrix report allows all the functions of the summary report in both columns and rows of the data.
- Joined Report- It lets you create multiple report blocks that provide different views of the data and each block acts as a subreport
Q7. What are the ways to store files and documents in Salesforce?
Salesforce accepts data files in the format of Attachment, Documents, Google Drive, Libraries, and Chatter files.
Q8. Describe some limitations of Time-dependent workflow.
- The time triggers are not able to support minutes or seconds.
- Time triggers can’t reference when formula fields that include related-object merge fields.
- We can’t remove time triggers if the workflow rule is active or is included in the package.
Q9. In what scenarios do we use Data Loader?
- When we need to load records in the range of 50,000 and 5,000,0000
- When we need to load the object that is not yet supported by the web-based importing
- In case we want to export our data for backup purposes.
- When we want to prevent duplicates while uploading the records.
- When we want to save multiple mapping files for future reference.
Q10. What are Login IP ranges in Salesforce?
Login IP ranges are used by organizations to maintain secure access to the users that will eliminate the risk of a data breach. In case a user tries to log in using an unauthorized IP, it will not get access. Moreover, the organization will get an alert regarding the same.
Apart from this, you can also go through our special Salesforce Admin Certification Course for additional support. We will provide you all the basic and advanced knowledge about securing the certification in the first attempt. You will also have access to 500+ Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers for the preparation.