In our series of blogs on Salesforce today we would be taking a look at Salesforce lightning. As you have got the idea from the title we would be talking about Salesforce lightning merge accounts. But before that let’s see what is Salesforce lightning.
To put it simply Salesforce Lightning can be defined as a user interface (UI) framework. As the name suggests the product is developed by Salesforce.com. Salesforce lightning is a modern and responsive framework. It allows the developers to create rich and interactive user interfaces for the Salesforce applications they develop.
Salesforce Lightning like its name is designed to be faster and more flexible. It is faster and better than the previous Salesforce Classic interface. It houses new features such as drag-and-drop page customization, and dynamic dashboards, and offers a more modern look and feel. Further, the tool offers a variety of pre-built components, called Lightning Components, which can be easily customized and used to create custom pages and apps.
The framework brings into it a range of tools and features. With personalized dashboards, real-time analytics, and intuitive navigation things get very smooth and handy for the users. Framework is designed to work seamlessly across multiple devices and platforms, including desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Salesforce lightning merge accounts: How to do that
The merging of the accounts in Salesforce Lightning is a very useful feature it allows you to consolidate duplicate records. This can save time and improve data accuracy. Here are the steps to merge accounts in Salesforce Lightning:
- First of all, go to the browser and log in to your Salesforce account
- Next, navigate to the Account tab.
- Here select the two accounts that you want to merge by checking the boxes next to their names.
- Now click the “Merge Accounts” button, which is located above the account list view.
- After this a pop-up window will appear, prompting you to select a Master Record. The Master Record is the primary record that will be used after the merge. Select the account that you want to keep as the Master Record, and click “Next.”
- As you move ahead to the next page, you will see a comparison of the two records. You can choose which fields you want to keep from each record. You can also select the winning value for fields that have conflicting values.
- Once you’re satisfied with your selections, click “Merge.” Salesforce will merge the records and create a new Account History record.
- As the merger is completed, you will see a confirmation message. Once it is done now the Master Record will include all of the information from the two accounts that you merged.
By merging accounts you also merge any related records, such as contacts, opportunities, and cases. So, in case you’re not sure whether two accounts should be merged, it’s a good idea to consult with your team or a Salesforce administrator.
Salesforce lightning merge accounts: What are the benefits
There are a good number of benefits of merging accounts in Salesforce Lightning. It offers a range of benefits that would help you as a user to improve data accuracy, streamline workflows, and enhance overall productivity. Some of the key benefits of merging accounts in Salesforce Lightning are listed here:
- Improved data accuracy: By merging accounts you can easily eliminate duplicate records, doing so you ensure that all relevant data is consolidated into a single record. It can help to reduce the risk of inconsistent or conflicting data and improve overall data quality.
- Streamlined workflows: When you have got multiple duplicate accounts, it is really time-consuming and for sure frustrating to search through multiple records to find the information they need. With merging accounts, you kick out this frustration by consolidating all relevant information into a single record, making it easier for users to find the information they need quickly and efficiently.
- Improved reporting and analytics: A big chunk of duplicate records then it can really skew your data and make it difficult to get an accurate view. It makes it very difficult for you to get the right view of the sales pipeline, customer relationships, and other key metrics. When you merge accounts you can ensure that your data is accurate and up-to-date, providing a more accurate picture of your overall sales performance.
- Enhanced productivity: Productivity is one thing we all look for and by taking a step to merge the accounts what you do is reduce manual data entry and streamline your workflows. With this, you can help to increase productivity and efficiency, as you won’t need to spend as much time searching for or entering data.
- A step towards better customer relationships: When all the data is consolidated into a single record via the merging of the accounts it would help to provide a more complete view of each customer. Further, this can help to improve customer relationships, as the sales representative would have access to all relevant information, such as past purchases, preferences, and interactions.
So, as we saw through our discussion above merging the accounts is more of a benefit. Once you merge the accounts the data is more accurate and things get consolidated. If you had planned the merging of accounts then it’s time to get this done.